Effective Date: April 12, 2019
When you use Infoworks to automate your enterprise data operations, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust in our company and our products and services. Inforworks.io, Inc., together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, (“Infoworks”) respects your concerns about privacy and we want you to know what information we collect, how we collect it, what we do with it, the data security measures we take, and how to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about privacy and your information.
Our Products and Services
Infoworks is dedicated to providing end-to-end automation of big data workflow processes which are agnostic of the data source, data platform utilized or the analytics to be run. We are headquartered in the United States and provide our products and services from our primary location in Palo Alto, California.
Information We May Collect
We collect certain information from you in order to pursue our lawful business interests, including providing you with access to our products and services, improving your experiences with us, communicating with you in connection with or regarding our services, and to enhance and improve our products and services based on insights we are able to obtain from your information.
We collect only the information necessary to fulfill our lawful business interests and keep your information for only as long as is necessary to fulfill those interests. If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products or services.
We may also combine your information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with select partners and others. By combining this information, we are better able to communicate with you about our products and services and personalize your user experience with us, such as through relevant communications, tailored suggestions, and special offers.
We collect the following types of information related to you or your use of our products and services:
— Information you provide to us.
You may be prompted to provide some or all of the following types of information in order to directly communicate with us, to access and use our products and services, to pursue employment with us, or to access and use the websites:
- Contact information, such as name or e-mail address
- Username and password for accounts
- Geolocation or address information
- Communications preferences
- Comments and other information posted through interactive online features
- Correspondence you send to us
- Information related to employment or employment application
- Verification or authentication of your identity
If you choose to withhold any of the foregoing or other reasonably requested information, it may not be possible for us to communicate with you or your experience with Infoworks products and services or our websites may not be optimized.
— Information We Automatically Collect.
By using our websites and our products and services, Infoworks automatically collects certain types of information, including:
- Analytics information: We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends of our websites, to generally enhance our products and services and our websites, and to personalize your experience with Infoworks. These tools collect information sent by your personal devices or our products and services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, IP addresses and device information, metadata, and other information that assists us in improving our offerings. We collect and use this analytics information from you and other users on an aggregated basis in such a manner that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual.
- Metadata: Metadata is technical data associated with content that you provide to Infoworks. We do not modify metadata associated with the information you provide to us and you are responsible for adding, deleting, or modifying any metadata associated with any content you provide to Infoworks.
— Cookies and similar technologies.
We use these technologies, for example, to help us recognize your browser, to save and remember any preferences that may have been set, to help us customize our products and services for your use, to provide customized content to you, and to help measure and research the effectiveness of our websites, content and our products and services.
If you do not want information to be collected through cookies when using our websites, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline cookies or gives you the choice of declining or accepting the transfer to your computer of a particular cookie (or cookies) from a particular site. For Infoworks customers who are California residents, you may request certain information from us regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If applicable to you as a California resident, you may make such a request by contacting us at [email protected]
You may also obtain general information about cookies and their uses from www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
— Information We Receive From Third Parties.
We may receive information about you from trusted third parties with whom we have relationships, including:
— Information We Collect from Products and Services.
Infoworks collects a variety of information when you use our products and services, including:
- We may collect information about the Infoworks products and services you utilize, such as your installation date, number of products installed, software or operating systems support, and serial/identification numbers. In order to provide and improve our products and services, we may collect data regarding where your products are installed and how they are configured, data related to their use and performance, and other data relevant for installation, use, diagnosis, and improvement our products.
- We collect these types of information in order for you to use of our products and services. If you opt out from the collection of these types of data, we may not be able to provide you with the full functionality of our products and services and you agree that such a result would not violate any service agreements between you and Infoworks. However, if you no longer wish for us to collect the foregoing types of information, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How We May Use Your Information
Infoworks uses your information, including personal information, to continually improve our products and services to and personalize those for you. We may use information we collect about you to:
- Provide our Products and Services. We use your information to provide, support, understand, and improve our Products and Services. We may communicate with you to respond to your requests, provide you with service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support-related messages related to your account or transactions with us. We may also use your information to diagnose or fix technical issues or otherwise support the operations of our products and services.
- Personalize our Products and Services. We use the information we collect to personalize our products and services and the content that we place on our websites. We also use the information to better understand your interests, make personalized recommendations for you based on your interests, send you marketing or promotional communications, or ask you to provide feedback on our products and services. You can always opt out of these communications by following the opt-out instructions in the message or by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- To Create Aggregated Data. We may combine your information with that from others to create aggregated and otherwise anonymous data, which has data that might personally identify you removed or hashed. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to operate, understand and improve our products and services, to develop new products and services, to monitor metrics around our website, and for other lawful business purposes.
- Other Uses. In some instances, we may desire to collect or use your information differently than we have described, and we will do so only to the extent that we disclose to you at the time we collect the information or with your consent.
- Authorized third-party service providers. We may share your information with our third-party service providers to help us fulfill requests and perform various functions necessary to our products and services.
- Affiliated companies. In some circumstances, we may have affiliated companies, partners, or agents acting on our behalf or at our instruction, and we may share your information with them.
- Business transfers. We may share your information with a relevant party in connection with a business transaction relating to Infoworks or our products and services.
- Aggregated Information. We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including to help us develop additional products and services, or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings.
- Legal Purposes. We may disclose your information to a relevant party to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, property, safety, and security of Infoworks, our users, or the public.
Your Access and Communication Choices
We endeavor to give you access and control of your information and communication choices. In some instances, we may not be able to provide immediate access to your information, but will reply to your requests within a reasonable time period. Where applicable and practical, we provide you with opt-in and opt-out choices for subscribing or unsubscribing from communications, including:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related electronic communications, such as emails, texts, or other electronic communications from us, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in any marketing message received from us or by contacting us as instructed below. Please note that we may still send you important administrative, safety, or product or service messages even if you opt out of receiving electronic marketing communications.
- Receiving marketing-related calls from us: If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that we may still call you regarding administrative, safety, or product or service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing calls.
If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Infoworks gives you choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information from or about you or your use of our products and services, including:
- Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies
- Opting out of analytics tools
- Opting out of certain electronic communications or promotional calls
- Disabling the collection of data from your products
- Opting out of other types of data processing for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent
In certain jurisdictions you may have the right to request access to and receive information about certain information we maintain about you; update and correct inaccuracies in that information; have the information restricted or deleted; object or withdraw your consent to certain uses of information; and lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. You may also have the right to data portability with regard to the data that you have provided to us. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law.
Please note that Infoworks may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping or legal compliance purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. For more information on these rights, please refer to the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Cross Border Transfers
Where applicable, we will inform you whether and why we need certain information from you, for example, whether we need the information to fulfill a legal or contractual requirement and what the consequences are of not providing the information.
Protection of Your Information, Security
Infoworks is committed to protecting your information and your choices for its intended use. We have adopted technical, administrative, and physical procedures that are reasonably appropriate and satisfactory pursuant to applicable laws to help protect this information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
If you have reason to believe that your information or your interactions with us are no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16). Infoworks will not knowingly accept and we request that these under-sixteen individuals not provide any information to us. A parent or guardian who becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 16 has used the product or services or shared their personal information with Infoworks, may contact us and we will attempt to delete the child’s personal information as soon as possible.
Third Party Services, Content and Links
How to Contact Us
To contact us with a question or comment, to opt in or opt out from certain services, or to ask about your ability to exercise your privacy rights described above, please contact us:
- via e‐mail at [email protected];
- via mail at Infoworks.io, Inc., Attn: Privacy Contact, 490 S California Ave, Suite 200, 195 Palo Alto, California 94306, United States.
Table of Contents
- Our Products and Services
- Information We May Collect
- How We May Use Your Information
- Your Access and Communication Choices
- Cross Border Transfers
- Protection of Your Information, Security
- Retention Period
- Third Party Services, Content and Links
- How to Contact Us